- Read the background information on the Land Rover BAR Academy, so that you understand the scope of the project and how it may fit in with your existing sailing.
- The Land Rover BAR Academy is not a full time sailing pathway, so you should consider how it can fit with your existing sailing plans. We strongly recommend that you talk through these options with your coach / programme manager before applying if you have this level of support.
Criteria for application:
- There is no time limit on the application process, it is a rolling programme constantly searching for the next generation of Land Rover BAR sailors.
- You must hold a GBR passport
- You must be between the age of 19 and 24
- You must be fit, as the fitness levels demanded for the Extreme Sailing Series and the Red Bull Youth Americas Cup are high. If you are currently in a squad system, then you should be at the top of the fitness rankings. Fitness testing / screening will form a major element of the application process should you progress through the initial phase. If you are not in a squad then simply upload last weeks gym / fitness programme to give us an idea of your weekly commitment to this area
- You must have a high level of sailing experience - In terms of sailing experience, you are entering a process where we are looking for the best of your generation of sailors. The norm will be someone already competing Internationally, but if there are reasons why this has not happened and you believe you have what it takes to succeed, then the application process is always open.